This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Happy April! It’s the first week and that means it’s time to go over goals and create new ones (although you should create your new goals at least a few days before the new month, just for early preparation)! I also made a sale last month with my SiteGround affiliate. But how much money should you have made before writing an income report? This is a legit question that I am looking for the answer to. Let’s get into April Goals, first!
Blue links are affiliate links. Using these links comes at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
April Goals and maybe an income report
Recap of March goals
Listed goals are complete. Check out all my goals in my March Goals post.
- Take at least 20 beautiful stock photos
Make 2-5 more sales with affiliatesdoes one sale count?
- Write first income report
Social Media Goals
- Reach 625 followers on Twitter
- Write more posts that fit one social media platform. i.e 200 word Facebook post, 50 word IG post, Twitter only promotional post.
Personal & life Goals
- Get healthy
- Write in my journal daily
- Keep in touch with people who choose me. They are hard to find and I don’t want to miss out on their purpose in my life
- Pay bills on time and in full
So I’ve completed quite a few goals last month and that makes me feel so good. I kept having days where I felt like I didn’t have enough time to do anything and that I was slacking on my work but turns out, I did better than I thought.It's always important to remember and celebrate the small successes Click To Tweet
- I bought another domain, and I plan to make it a huge surprise for my email subscribers. My goal with the new site is to have a theme (customized), logo, and tag line done by the end of April
- Take 20 more pictures for my stock photo gallery
- Create another printable
- Have Laqing In Creativity’s first giveaway! We are so close to 2000 followers on IG and 1000 monthly views!!!!
- Promote affiliate links better.
Social Media Goals
- Reach 2000 followers on IG
- 650 followers on Twitter
- 300 followers on Pinterest
- Pin at least 100 pins for a week.
- Lose 5 pounds
- Give up red meat for this month
- Pay off Credit card loans
- Book hotel and flight for brothers birthday
- Take mom out to dinner for her birthday
The income Report
Now that we have the goals out of the way, let’s talk about income reports. How does it work? Is there a minimum of what you should make before creating one? Are you required to share an income report?
I think it all depends on the person to be honest. I’ve seen some bloggers do an income report for $350 and they only made $50 of the $350 from the affiliate links or blog exposure. I’ve also seen some bloggers write income reports with thousands of dollars made from just their blog.
I’ve decided to share my income for March. I’m going to include passive income (like YouTube views earning, surveys, etc.) as well as working income from my actual blog(affiliates).
Income Total: $125
Monthly Income Breakdown: $118
March Expense: $7.00 – this was for an Instagram class that I am taking. I don’t count my domain and website charges because I pay for those, in advance for a year.
That was April’s Goals and Income Report. I hope May will be a bigger success and of course, if you like this new addition of the income report, let me know in the comments and I will continue to share it with you.