This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
Hello and welcome back to Laqing In Creativity! You know what day it is and what that means. It’s a new Beauties On Fire theme! Click this link to see all of the previous Beauties On Fire Posts. I am loving this monthly theme we have going on so far. Everything is fall so far and I couldn’t be happier!
This weeks theme? Easy Halloween Looks!
Last year for Halloween I was a cat.
This year, I plan to be Clyde from The Wiz:
I’m usually a witch honestly but I’m going to challenge myself this year and switch things up.
The easiest look so far? The cat. I think everybody knows that though. But it might still be challenging for some folks as my look last year was a struggled cat, let’s be honest. I look more like Spot, the dog.
This time I wanted to really make a somewhat sexy cat look but still have it easy enough for anyone to do.
Products used are usual (you can now shop my products! I will be paid a very tiny amount if you buy from the following links. ):
- Morphe Pro 35 Color Eyeshadow Makeup Palette – Warm (Highly Pigmented) 35W
- BS-MALL New 14 Pcs Premium Synthetic Kabuki Makeup Brush Set
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Dewy Smooth – 355 Coconut
- Loreal True Match Foundation – n8 Cappucino
- Maybelline Master Conceal – 50 deep/Fonce
- Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express
- ELF HD finishing powder
- Wet’n’Wild Photofocus setting spray
- Madly Matte KleanColor Lipstick in “6. Raven”
- Wig from Sammy Dress
Details of the look:
- I always start with my brows, then move on to my eyes.
- Use shadow one on the crease area and blend until it’s almost all over the eye.
- Shadow two(2) goes on the lid of the eye. Blend again. Add more for a dramatic look or a deep look. I dipped my brush in the shadow about three times.
- Add the highlight, Shadow three (3).
- Apply eyeliner. I used liquid liner on the top and a pencil on my bottom lids. I dragged the liquid liner out from the inner corner of my eye, close to the bridge of my nose (didn’t get a close up because this didn’t come out as smooth as I hoped haha). You can connect the bottom and top liner together like I did or do a fancy fish tail for the bottom liner. Be creative!
- Apply foundation, concealer and baking powder (for your makeup of course, not real baking powder, ladies!)
- I used the second eyeshadow for a contour and I actually like how it turned out. The brown was deep enough to show up but not make me look like a clown so until I get actual contour, I’ll probably stick to that. Anyway, take the brown shadow and create a Nike logo starting from your nostrils, under the apple of your cheeks, to your ears (midway for me). BLEND THIS OUT. You want it to show but you don’t want harsh lines either.
- Take your eye pencil, in black, and start coloring the bottom of your nose. I started literally from the underside of my nose and moved up as I felt was needed. My line ended up a little off but you get the concept of this method! Make a cute cat nose.
- Add your whiskers! I, for the upteenth time, am not good with drawing so I only added three dots using the eye pencil!
- Wipe off excess baking powder if you havent done so already and apply the bronzing/highlight to your face, though this part is optional! I added a little of the third eyeshadow on the tip of my nose, above the black line!
- OPTIONAL: you can definitely go all out and make or get yourself some cat ears, contacts, and even a tail! I would have loved to get some contacts but alas, I am afraid of wearing them! haha!
You’ve made it to the end! I truly hope you enjoyed reading this post and definitely tag me or send me your pictures if you try this look!!
How do you think I did? Do you have any different methods of creating this look?
Don’t forget to visit Elisabeth’s blog to see her post and the rest of the Beauties in this collaboration!
Thanks for reading!