This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here.
It’s that time again! Beauties on Fire theme this time is Disney Princesses. This was my favorite theme so far, I have to be honest. I love Disney movies and although Jasmine is my favorite, Tiana is a very close runner up. I relate to Tiana because she’s black and she struggled most of her young life to make her dream come true. I have done the same and if you’ve been following me from the beginning, you’ve known that.
I originally wanted to create a look for Jasmine for this weeks theme but I knew I wanted to use the new wine lipstick I got and felt that a green eye was the best to compliment the lip so I went with Tiana.
Even though it’s Friday, I’m giving you a little glimpse into the past when I was obsessed with Jasmine and got to be her for Halloween (yes, that is a chicken wing I’m holding)!
The video is around 19 minutes so I don’t want too much reading for you but I am going to list the products that I used and what I did, to give you a slight tutorial!
- First I cleaned and moisturized my face with Equate Beauty Skin Cream with Eucalyptus Oil (works just as great as Noxzema honestly) and Equate Beauty Dual Power Moisturizer.
- I then primed my face with my Wet’n’Wild photofocus setting spray.
- Then I went in with a brown eye liner pencil and filled in my brows. Going on, the color looks a little burgundy but it fits my brows much better than the black or dark brown I used to use! I evened the brows out with a brow brush then cleaned them up with Maybelline Master Concealer. I use the concealer on my lids too along with my Elf eye primer and some ELF high definition powder to really make the eyeshadow pop. This is my little secret.
- After filling in my brows and priming my eyes for the shadow, I went to my Karity Shadow in Frost.
- For the transition color I used Hustler, the brown color.
- For the most of the lid, the dark green, I used Rudegirl and then filled the inner corner of my lid with Maryjane.
- I used a little of a white/cream color from my DRAMA palette for the brow highlight. Make sure you blend these colors very well!
- I went ahead and lined my eyes with liquid liner and a pencil liner for my waterline and I added my Kiss lashes using the new eyelash glue I bought from Wal-Mart. I wanted to get this part done so I’d know where to apply the gold glitter shadow that I wanted for this look.
- I used a pointed brush and dipped it in some water so the glitter could stick. I wouldn’t recommend this. I won’t be doing this again. I’ll look for some glue specifically made for eye shadow glitter because as you can see in the video, it didnt show up very well. It could have also been the shadow (from Wet’n’Wild, $0.93).
- I didn’t apply mascara to the top lashes for fear of them falling off but I did apply to my bottom lashes towards the end of the video.
- Once my eyes are done I begin my face process. Taking about a nickle size of my Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 355 Coconut and dabbing it all over my face and on my acne, making sure to cover it.
- I blended it in with my flat angled face brush from BS-MALL and dabbed it in before making small and gentle circles to finish blending my foundation out.
- Now its time for the concealer. I’m still using my Maybelline Master Conceal so I applied that and blended it out with my concealer beauty blender, then I used my Maybelline Master Contour DUO stick and contoured my cheeks.
- I mixed some baby powder in with my Elf High Definition Powder and used that as a “baking” mix, applying it only to the concealed/highlighted parts of my face while I used my Rimmel London bronzer and applied that over the contour on my cheeks.
- I applied my lipstick (Wet’n’Wild 536A Dark Wine) while the powders set.
- With a clean face brush, I wiped off the excess powder on my face and then applied my blush (MAX studio Baked Blush) with my round face brush from BS-MALL.
And that’s it! I had so much with this look and I feel really proud of myself for doing so good with the shadow!
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Beauties posts by clicking on the image below!
Never loose your innocence,