Remember this post about the wonderful #BeautiesOnFire collaboration I’m doing? This is our very first selected theme and we are all so excited to share our posts with you!
This theme selection is Classic Beauty and I’ve chosen Pam Grier as my inspiration! Why did I pick Pam? Because she’s fierce, she’s a bada$$, and she has a huge heart! She’s always kicking butt in her movies while staying fresh, comfortable, and beautiful.
Out of all the “old” movies I watch, anything with Pam Grier is my go-to. Her movies keep me inspired to fight for what I believe in, hold my ground, and always stay beautiful. She is truly one of my heros!
Did You Know:
- Pam was born May 26, 1949
- Her birthplace is Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- She’s mixed with African America, Asian, Caucasian, and Native American (I definitely knew she had Native American in her but the Asian side came as a total surprise for me!)
- She did Beauty Pageants before acting.
- She actually took up a job as a switchboard operator after hearing remarks about her appearance.
- Her first “big” break was her portrayal of Coffy.
- Pam was nominated for 16 different awards for her lead role in ‘Jackie Brown’.
- Pam sang backup for Bobby Womack, while in College!
- She was inducted into the National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum Hall of Fame in 2012-2013.
- Her dreams growing up? She wanted to be a doctor
Thornton, C. ‘. (2014, October 23). Women of Power Legacy Award Honoree: 10 Facts About Pam Grier. Retrieved from Black Enterprise: Wealth for Life: http://www.blackenterprise.com/lifestyle/women-power-summit-10-facts-about-pam-grier/
Tribute.ca. (n.d.). Pam Grier Biography. Retrieved from Tribute: http://www.tribute.ca/people/pam-grier/3652/
I think I do best with recording videos and tutorials so that is exactly what I have done for you. Now this video does have some laughs…my false eyelashes kept falling off and giving me hell so I do hope you laugh and enjoy the video. If you want to know what products I used, just scroll past the video and you’ll find a list of all the products!
PRODUCTS USED IN THE VIDEO (not in any specific order):
- ELF High Definition Powder $6
- Wet’n’Wild Photofocus Setting Spray $6
- Kiss Eyelashes $2
- ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer $3
- Maybelline Master Contour Stick by FACESTUDIO $7.94
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 355 Coconut $5.94
- Karity Frost Shadow Palette : Gold digger and Hustler $23
- Max Studio Blush: Baked Blush $2.99
- Rimmel London Natural Bronzer: 027 Sun Dance $4
- ELF Eye Primer $3
- Maybelline Master Conceal by FACESTUDIO $7
- All my brushes are from BS-MALL bought from Amazon.com $11.99 (Pack of 14)
- Wet’n’Wild Lipstick(the light one): 532E Java $0.93
- Wet’n’Wild Lipstick(the dark color): 535D Black Orchid $0.93
Make sure to check out all the other girls posts by clicking on the photo below!
Stay beautiful, keep it classy, fight for everything you believe in.