I’m writing this because I’m having one of those days where I have no clue what to blog about. I am a sort of, kinda, new-to-the-business blogger but I have already inspired my best friend to create a blog as well and I felt like I should show her that even though I’ve been doing this for a couple of months, I still get blocked roads and brick walls in front of me. I have a list on my Pinterest board featuring all things blogging and I wanted to share my favorite pins/blogs to get blog post ideas from!
The wonderful Paula from ThirteenThoughts.com has a blog post with 113 ideas to post about! That’s a crazy amount of GOOD information and her post is definitely one of my favorites. She lists quite a few different topics to write about as well!
Some of my favorite topics (even though I haven’t got to them all yet!) to blog about are:
- Food (who doesn’t love good food and great food pictures??
- Create a recipe or share your favorite recipe
- What you had for dinner (was it something new? Did you cook or order out? Dine out? Tell the world about it!)
- Distinct food (tried octopus while it was still alive? I never would but hey, go ahead and write about that too)
- Guilty Pleasure
- Worst Food by far
- Favorite comfort meal
- An Occasion specific food (think after church, after the club, at the beach, date night, kids choice night, etc.!)
- Music (I think this is a great topic to write about. It’s different from most of the beauty/fashion posts out there)
- Favorite album/song/artist at the moment.
- Favorite artist of all time and why
- Artists that inspire you
- Workout playlist
- Road trip playlist (this is honestly my favorite thing to do, road trip music is a must for me!)
- Sex playlist..hey, don’t judge! *shrugs*
- Gone to a concert? Write about it!
- Fashion (this is obviously very important)
- Fashion for your shape (honestly I need something like this because my shape is so….unique lol)
- Favorite versatile clothing
- Vacation Fashion!
- Styles and trends in a different country (if you’re traveling, of course)
- Season fashion
- DIY Fashion
- Beauty (again, very important)
- Beauty Faves
- Best buy!
- Off-Brand or Brand? (compare and contrast the dupes to the legits)
- DIY Makeup
- Colors/makeup for your skin tone
- How-To apply (insert product)
- Makeup of the day
- Inspired makeup
- Misc. (this really is absolutely anything you want to put on your blog, have fun with it!)
- Favorite Book
- Current Reads
- What’s in my car (I don’t think I’ve ever seen this but YOU can be the first to start this awesome trend)
- Favorite Decor around the house
- “Can’t leave without…”
- Most productive day(If you record your days in a bullet journal or the likes)
- Favorite tools for blogging
- Stationary favorites!
- Grocery list for the week? (Hey, it might work!)
- Have a collection of whatever? Showcase it.
- “Plans for…”
- Embarrassing/Awesome/Scary/OMGWTF story…(I’d love to read posts about these honestly)
- Church activities (if you’re in a church and are comfortable sharing this information)
There are SO many more out there but I just wanted to give myself and my lovely readers something as a reference! Make sure to check out the links provided in this post and let me know, what’s your favorite go-to topic for blogging???
Stay happy. Keep Blogging. Be Successful.