Weight-loss/Healthy lifestyle Journey
Hello Dolls and Kens! Today I wanted to speak and introduce a personal part of my life with you. I have been speaking with Elisabeth at Everything & Nothing about her wonderful weight loss posts and she inspired me to make and share my own! She has been so sweet and accepted my request to join her and collaborate with her on this journey! Make sure you check her posts out, she’s very inspiring!
To give you some background, I went through an awful experience at the age of 6 and began to eat my fears and stress away. I have been a big girl since then. I have tried many times to workout and eat right but it never went through. My heaviest weight was 230lbs. I am only 5’2 so that is obesity for me. I was devastated hearing that word, I was 15 when I heard it from the doctor and I vowed to get healthier. Well, I haven’t stopped my journey, but I havent had much difference either. I will admit that I have lost some weight. I am currently at 215lbs, which is good, but I am 24 years old…it shouldn’t have taken me this long to lose that little amount of weight. I am working out daily, starting small as I have an irregular heartbeat (so I can’t put too much stress on my heart).
I will be posting a weekly summary every Sunday of how I did during the week!
Heaviest weight: 230lbs Largest size: 18-20
Current weight: 217lbs Current Size: 16-18
“Healthy range”: 104 to 135
Current BMI: 39.3
Goal Weight: 135-148lbs
Goal size in clothing: 8-10, medium.
To live and enjoy life. I want to be healthy but not deny myself of tasty treats. I want to show my family and future children that being healthy is about being confident and doesn’t require you to be a size 0.
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pancake with 2 slices of Bacon
- Spaghetti with french bread
- walked 20 minutes
- Banana Shake with chia seeds
- 4 pieces of twizzlers
- chicken breast, grilled with cut broccoli and baked sweet potato
- Whole Mango, water, Roasted salted almonds
- left over spaghetti
- Turkey Burger with romaine lettuce, two tomato slices, feta cheese, tomato and avocado dressing and spicy brown mustard.
- 25 squats. Jogged 3 laps around the block with moderate walking.
- boiled egg with whole wheat bread
- turkey burger (same as Tuesday night)
- chicken and tomato and mushroom with whole wheat pasta
- jogged around the block 4 times, arm lifting, squats, and russian twists.
- Scrambled egg with grilled asparagus, mushrooms, cherry tomato and smoked sausage.
- grilled chicken breast, grilled asparagus, uncle bens ready chicken rice.
- Jogged 2 laps around the block. Walked for 2 more laps. 17 squats, arm lifting, russian twists.
- Smoked Sausage. 2 pieces of cinnamon bread.
- Banana PB Shake with chia seeds
- Grilled Chicken Breast, Uncle Bens Ready chicken flavored rice with brussel sprouts.
- Smoked sausage, scrambled tofu ( slightly different from my Tofu Scramble), and one pancake.
- Turkey burger with romaine lettuce, and spicy brown mustard.
- Pan grilled chicken breast in roasted tomato juice with roasted tomatoes and garlic skinny spaghetti with cherry tomatoes.
- Light walking while shopping + 15 minute walk around the block.
Well if you read my 1.5 CGGS:HL post you will see that I gained weight. I have good news. I lost weight also! I am now at 217lbs!!! It is not much but it is a small victory for my hard work that I have been putting in. To reward myself, I bought this beautiful bathing suit from Amazon and it was only $25!!!
Photos for the foodies!
Don’t forget to check out Elisabeths’ CGGS Journey!